Monday, May 21, 2012

Diet to conceive a baby boy or baby girl

We're not planning to have another baby just yet, but I was surprised when somebody told me that a woman's diet can determine the gender of her baby.

Did you know that? There's actually a girly and boyish food! I was told that red meat = boy, fish = girl.
No wonder I have two girls! Fish has always been my favorite.

Yes, men are the ones who produce the gender-determining sperms (X and Y chromosomes) but we women are somehow responsible to create a "hospitable" environment for the chromosomes to thrive. According to my readings, a woman's diet determines her vaginal pH and acidity levels. A high vaginal pH level enables you to conceive a baby girl, while a low vaginal pH level enables you to conceive a baby boy (you can read more here). So if you want a baby girl, eat acidic food. If you want a baby boy, eat alcaline-rich food.

Girly diet:
Acidic, high in calcium and magnesium. Low in sodium, potassium and caffeine.

Example:
Milk, cream, yogurt, cheese, ice-cream
Green leafy veggies, fish
Beans, pasta, rice.


Boyish diet:
Alcaline, high in potassium and sodium. I also read that a high calorie diet is a must to conceive a baby boy.

Example:
Red meats, potatoes, bananas, asparagus, broccoli, nuts, mushrooms, salty food like potato chips, salty peanuts, etc.


I don't know how accurate is this, but I remember eating a lot of fish, pasta, green leafy veggies and dairy products for the past few years. I don't like coffee and I rarely eat meat and steak. Those are all girly food! What about you mommies? Do you remember what food you ate the most when you were conceiving? Is the "outcome" the same as this theory?

Now that I already have 2 girls, I would like to have a boy next (whenever that is). I need to eat more meat! I need to eat boyish food.... Perhaps something like this.


Homemade meatloaf, roasted potatoes and broccoli


It may not be 100% accurate, but it doesn't hurt to try!

Labels:

She slipped off her pink stilettos at 6:00 PM |





l@dyIZ704